Cutting off attachments

2003-12-09 05:01:41
Dear Procmail users,

        I have just started to use procmail to filter my mail.  I am
pleasantly surprised by the wealth of information that is available on the
net. So, first of all I would like to thank the relevant people.

        I would like to use procmail (Cygwin/Win2K to work with Pine) to
'cut off' executable (.exe), powerpoint (.ppt), ... files from the emails
that get in my inbox.  I have found some recipes which delete emails to
which certain types of files are attached, but I haven't found a recipe
that cuts off the attachment, but still passes on the actual email.

        As I am new to procmail, I might not know the correct keywords to
find this kind of recipe through the search engines.  I would be grateful
if someone could point me to such a recipe or give some details on the
keywords.

Merci,
Jean-Louis