Procmail looping problem

2003-12-08 17:17:05
Hello,

I've setup a loop prevention thing in my procmailrc file but it doesn't seem
to be succeeding.  I am running FreeBSD 4.8 with Qmail 1.03 and Procmail
3.22 .

I've setup a procmailrc as below:

LOGFILE=/var/log/procmaillog
VERBOSE=yes
:0
/dev/null
:0fwh
| formail -A"X-Loop: copy"
:0c:
!copy(_at_)domain(_dot_)com

I know that it's adding the appropriate header as per formail and it's
passing that copy of it onto the next rule, but when it does the match test
for the header flag - X-Loop: copy  - but it fails.  I've tried many
variations of this but according to everywhere I've searched this one should
work.  I've parsed through the procmaillog and it simply never matches on
that condition so it never dumps the message that shouldn't be looped and
loops continously, below is a second recipe I have tried that is fairly
similar.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

LOGFILE=/var/log/procmaillog
VERBOSE=yes
:0
# Avoid email loops
{
  :0fwh  #Adjust some headers before forwarding
  | formail -A"X-Header-Added: copy" \
# Forward the email
  :0c:
  !copy(_at_)domain(_dot_)com