Re: Procmail looping problem

2003-12-08 18:35:59
At 16:43 2003-12-08 -0800, Professional Software Engineering wrote:
At 15:07 2003-12-08 -0800, Mike Richards wrote:
:0
/dev/null
:0fwh
| formail -A"X-Loop: copy"
:0c:
!copy(_at_)domain(_dot_)com

All you're going to achieve is setting an X-Loop header and forwarding it reguardless of whether the header was there already. Also, the lock is inappropriate on the forwarding recipe - YOU aren't writing to a file.

Hrm, I meant to edit this before sending.  Disreguard the first sentence above.

Focus on examining the received message and your VERBOSE log. Run it in a sandbox so you can throw a known test message at it AND catch the output to see that it's been appropriatley modified.

It also helps to know EXACTLY what one of several rcfiles someone is actually using when reporting a problem, and that it was pasted DIRECTLY from their rc, and not edited/rekeyed in the process of putting it in an email, which can change things (such as no doubt how tht eline continuation on your second rc might be written off as a typo when you posted it - but EXACTLY that sort of thing is what can cause a recipe to fail to add the header, and thus it isn't there when you check for it).