Re: Troubles with $MATCH

2003-12-09 23:23:28
At 18:39 2003-12-09 -0800, Mike Peeler wrote:

Good.  With this, it's no longer necessary, but still good practice to
protect variable substitutions in action lines with double quotes.  As
has been alluded to but not spelled out,

Au contrair. See the bottom of my second message in this thread. It didn't tell him to quote the filename, since it was obvious that the variable he was defining didn't really contain what he wanted.

  :0
  * $ $GO^0 ^TO_$\PLUS\/$IDENT(_at_)$\SITE
  * $ $GO^0       ^TO_\/$IDENT(_at_)$\SITE
  {
    :0:
    * MATCH ??        ^^$IDENT
    ".email_alias_$MATCH"
  }

No real need to drop into the braced sub-recipe. $MATCH is set during the processing of the conditions, so if you make it the third condition...