RE: Procmail on a relay

2003-12-12 15:46:40
Ok, what is the config of the system....

Like, I email john(_at_)doe(_dot_)com that email gets processed on a server and
then
forward to another server that hosts his mailbox?  My knowledge isn't that
extensive it could work with 2 domains.  If the server that was setup on the
domain doeinternal.com you could have server doe.com recieve emails then do
processing and at the end of it all do a:

:0
! john(_at_)doeinternal(_dot_)com

All emails that made it through processing would then be forwarded to the
mail server for that domain.  As long as your email client was setup with
the email address and reply address of John(_at_)doe(_dot_)com and then the
smtp server
on the client setup as smtp.doeinternal.com you should be good to go...

-----Original Message-----
From: procmail-bounces(_at_)lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE
[mailto:procmail-bounces(_at_)lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE]On Behalf Of
John Oliver
Sent: December 12, 2003 2:32 PM
To: procmail(_at_)lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE
Subject: Procmail on a relay

I would like to run procmail on some servers that simply relay mail on
to another host.  But how, at the end of all of the processing, do I
tell procmail "OK, now give this mail back to sendmail for it to do its'
thing?"

--
John Oliver, CCNA                            http://www.john-oliver.net/
Linux/UNIX/network consulting         http://www.john-oliver.net/resume/