RE: filter and deliver

2004-01-14 07:57:43
OK Thanks Klaus. I have a single recipe in use but the problem is that it is
so long! Mail doesn't seem to be getting delivered to the mailboxes that I
would like and it is all ending up in the Inbox, (example below). Is it
possible for me to have various recipes within my $HOME directory and for
Procmail to go thru "each file" until it finds a match for the mail?

:0:
*^From:(_dot_)*(_at_)spring\(_dot_)com
The_Professionals

-----Original Message-----
From: Klaus Johannes Rusch [mailto:KlausRusch(_at_)atmedia(_dot_)net]
Sent: 14 January 2004 14:38
To: JM Fraser
Cc: procmail(_at_)lists(_dot_) RWTH-Aachen. DE
Subject: Re: filter and deliver

JM Fraser wrote:

What's the difference between a filter recipe and a delivering one?

A filter modifies the input stream and passes it on, for example a filter
might
remove some header lines, or add header lines, or change attachments.

A delivering recipe actually delivers the message somewhere, either to a
local
file, or a remote user, or pass it to another program to deliver the
message.

And what
does the file extension: .rc signify with Procmail?

.rc is just a typical extension for configuration files, you can name your
procmail files any way you want.

--
Klaus Johannes Rusch
KlausRusch(_at_)atmedia(_dot_)net