Re: Global procmailrc settings.

2004-01-16 12:46:22
At 09:04 2004-01-16 -0600, ISMgr wrote:
Would anyone be willing to share a sample of a global procmailrc file with me?

I would like to use a global if at all possible, but am having a bit more trouble finding examples...

Uh, the global procmailrc has the SAME syntax as the user procmailrc. There's a couple of notable caveats:

        1. Not all local delivery users have valid shells.  It isn't a
        half-bad idea to preserve the original (user) shell, and force a
        specific shell (for anything invoked from within the global file),
        and on exit, retstore the user shell.

        2. the global procmailrc is processed with enhanced privledges.  You
        should not includerc files from the user, since they can be used to
        compromise security.  If you need to shed these privleges, you can
        use "DROPPRIVS=YES", but note that once you shed, you can't reclaim
        them.

Example of things you'd do in a global procmailrc include spam filtering, virus or content filtering. You might also use it to place messages into a database file instead of delivering into a traditional mbx mailspool.

Syntax is _exactly_ the same as a user procmailrc.