Re: [0.0] Re: Mail delivered despite quotas?

2004-01-20 14:48:41
On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, RC wrote:
Figured out that if I use --
    mailbox_command = /usr/local/bin/procmail -a
    "$EXTENSION"
instead of:
    mailbox_command = /usr/local/bin/procmail -p -t -m
-- quota works.  Except over-quota mail is delivered
to /var/mail instead of bounced.
<SNIP>
Seems like procmail is saying "I give up" when quota
is reached, handing mail back to postfix, and postfix
delivers to the old mail_spool_directory = /var/mail

I reported this before but no one knew how/why it happens.
I also get the same behaviour if I try to deliberately generate an
EXITCODE=77 to make postfix return mail to sender. Obviously it is
a problem with how postfix responds to errors from the local delivery
agent, but what parameter should we be tweaking?

- Charles