Spamassassin CPU Time

2004-02-12 19:19:31
I'm replying to a post that Gary Funck sent to me direct (at bottom of
this transmittal).

I've been searching the web to find out info but alas, there is little
in the way of a good howto on spamassassin.

I'm using:
razor        2.361-3        spam-catcher using a collaborative filtering
spamassassin   2.63-1         Perl-based spam filter using text analysis
spamc        2.63-1         Client for perl-based spam filtering daemon

Out of what I have found, I need to limit the number of processes that
spamd uses with the option -m 7 (-m7) as my machine has 512Kb ram with
1.3Mhz CPU and I'm using several other I/O intensive programs.

I have not found a way to enabled this by default.

Question is, can anyone tell me how I enable this. I don't think spamd
is running as a daemon by default.

Marvin
---