Hashed Filesystem support?

2004-02-26 15:05:21
How can I enable hashed spool filesystem while avoiding recompiling?

The situation is a medium volume mail server, and for performance reasons, a
previous admin compiled procmail with the --hash-spool=2 config option. The
end result is that "/var/spool/mail/joe" ends up going to
"/var/spool/mail/j/o/joe".

Can this be done in runtime without having to recompile? I notice in the
/etc/mail/sendmail.mc this line:

FEATURE(local_procmail,`',`procmail -t -Y -a $h -d $u')dnl

Is there an option I can set to use the hashed spool directory? How can I
enable this feature while avoiding a recompile?

I'm using RedHat Fedora 1 with stock RPMs to replace an existing mail server.

-Ben