Re: assigning variable while doing test

2004-03-01 15:17:33
Bob George wrote:
I envision headlines of "Mail administrator guilty of adding profanity to
email."

More like moving what is already there instead of adding it.  This is mainly
for testing and statistics purposes anyway.

How about a format for spam_words of "spamword:tagword" where tagword
is something meaningful (and "correct") that gets added to the
Subject:?

For performance reasons, my goal is to *not* have is run grep two times just
to set a variable as in:

:0 HB
* ? grep -o -i -f /etc/vmail/spam_words
{
  :0 HB
  *
  {
     SPAM_WORD=`grep -o -i -f /etc/vmail/spam_words | head -1`
   }
  :0 fwh
  | formail -I "Subject: [$SPAM_WORD] $SUBJECT"
  :0
  ! spam(_at_)domain\(_dot_)com
}

I need a way to set and test the variable in one swipe.
-Eric Wood