Re: Recipe Optimization.

2004-03-03 14:54:21
At 16:00 2004-03-03 -0500, David Stone wrote:
I can think of one easy optimization:

:0
* B ?? ()\/.*(biz|info)
{
  LOG="Bodyspam: spamdomain $MATCH in the body of the message $NL"
  :0:
  $SPAM
}

That's a bit reactive. There are plenty of legitimate sites with .biz, because the .(com|net|org) were already taken.

Unless you correspond with any US schools or state instutions, you
could probably also add us to that list safely.

.us was peddled heavily for personal use. I know several people (not particularly net-savvy, but most certainly not marketers or spammers -- just regular folk) who have .us domains for their personal websites.

Nevermind that the rule would blast mere _references_ to certain government sites:

        http://www.state.ma.us/consumer/Pubs/usedcar.htm

Or of people emailing from (government) work addresses on public mailing lists (unless you're filtering this on only stuff which doesn't come through lists).

        offer((s|z)?)

The extra set of parens are wholly superfluous.

        offer(s|z)?
        or:
        offer(s|z|)

though I prefer the former.