Re: base64-decoding (v.0.99) with 'just' procmail

2004-03-07 09:12:19
On Fri, 05 Mar 2004, 02:14 GMT+01 (02:14 local time) Ruud H.G. van Tol
wrote:

# Filename: base64.rc.inc
[...]

this looks great, thanks for your efforts. However, I haven't found
time to test it yet. Could you also announce when you release v1.0 so
I could consider replacing the current way I am using in my Softlabs
AntiVirus Filter (source is here:

http://antivirus.softlabs.info/SoftlabsAV/etc/procmailrcs/antivirus/av_base64.inc

) by your pure-procmail routine?

FYI, I have just released version 0.4 of that tool, where I also
worked hard to replace executing external programs by pure-procmail
code as much as it was possible.

It is now available at

http://antivirus.softlabs.info/

(although, the old address continues to work). The changelog, as
viewable at

http://antivirus.softlabs.info/SoftlabsAV/history.txt

includes:

 v0.4   (2004 03 07)

   (passworded) ZIP attachments, a third virus main type has been added:
   EZIP - which stands for Encrypted ZIPs.

 + when EXTRACT_VIRUSES is turned on, the extracted viruses will now be
   stored in sub directories of the "viruses" directory, named by its
   virus main type (EXE, ZIP or EZIP).

 + the Quarantine directory (TRASHDIR) and all its sub directories does not
   need to be created for Softlabs AntiVirus to work, since it creates them
   automatically if needed.

 + success on attachment extraction is no more limited up to a certain file
   size, thanks to the introduction of a dynamic buffer assignment based on
   the size of the encoded attachment and to very careful variable
   assignments.

 + attachment extraction should now never ever fail again. If it would fail
   for any unknown reason, these errors will be logged like this:
     Softlabs AntiVirus 0.4: ERROR: Could not extract attachment from
       EXE.exe.virus

 + a new DEBUG setting can be turned on, to debug the process of
   attachment extraction. See the Configuration file for details.

 + we don't execute 'echo' anymore - instead, a tricky pure-procmail code
   is used to print a variable's content into a file.

best,
rob.