Re: base64-decoding (v.0.99) with 'just' procmail

2004-03-07 16:00:35
Toen ik Robert Allerstorfer kietelde, kwam er dit uit:
Ruud H.G. van Tol:

This looks like a bug to me

Even if it does, don't mention it until you're sure.
(unless you want to be wrong 95% of the times, that is)

sorry if you interpreted this as blaming procmail for the "problem" I
observed on using my code. Maybe it is a bug in *my* code, maybe it
isn't a problem at all - it just *looked* strange *to me*.

Saying that something looks strange to oneself, has no restrictions
at all. :)

How many 'test' variants are there on your system?
Is there a builtin one?

I'm not sure. Do you mean that the problem may be related to the
'test' program on the system in question?

That's entirely possible. Try replacing 'test' with something like
'/bin/test' (see 'which test') and check the log.

AFAIK, it shouldn't matter which test you use, a builtin one (that's
part of the shell) or an external one (like /bin/test).

Something completely different: TRAP
It is good for cleaning up, like removing temporary files.

--
Affijn, Ruud