Re: PATH - correction

2004-03-08 10:11:49
Robert Allerstorfer wrote:

So you guess procmail is treating "test" as a shellmeta "character"
and that is because there is no /bin/test, but there is /usr/bin/test?

Yes, that's my guess. Maybe /bin is the only place where the build procedure looks. Ach, there it is in src/autoconf: it looks only for /bin/test, and no other location counts.

I am getting more and more confused off all this secrets I have no
explaintation for :-)

You could always copy (or if possible, hard-link) /usr/bin/test into /bin and recompile procmail.