Re: 'test' considered as a SHELLMETAS "character"

2004-03-08 19:08:10
Robert Allerstorfer wrote:

> Now that I know procmail may consider "test" a shellmeta, I am
> wondering if this fact is documented anywhere or if you have found
> that out by studying procmail's source (I even have not take a look
> inside it yet).

I can't read C.  Stephen explained it to me way back when.  Honestly, I
cannot say what led to its being discussed at the time.  Maybe it was
something in the changelog when he released a new version.

I've never used a build of procmail that treated "test" as a shellmeta, so I don't know whether anything about it appears when the customized man pages are churned out during compilation.

> BTW, I noticed your panix.com domain within your address, which I
> also saw in Dallmann's - are you colleagues?

Panix is not our employer. It's an ISP, and Dallman and I are two of its customers. We've never met in person (we have, however, both met Anne Mitchell of ISIPP, so we're only two degrees of separation from one another).