Re: how to kill files in mime-mails (maildir)

2004-03-10 11:15:05
Am 2004-03-10 10:16:57, schrieb Bob George:
Michelle Konzack wrote:
[...]
Now if 'f-prot' find a Virus, I like to delete the part of the E-Mail.

Just to be clear: You only want to delete (quarantine/defang) the
attachment IF it is actually infected with a virus (as detected by
f-prot), right?

Jes, Oops, - Yes ;-)

How close to the original message do you want it to be? Would using
something like mime-construct to wrap up the remaining messages parts
and enclose them in a "this message was infected, uninfected portions
are attached" message to the original recipient suffice? or do you want
the original message with "infected content removed HERE"?

No, the second. I like to let ther Message in Original but replace
the infected Part with a Message and continue to deliver the Message.

I'm using mime-construct in a bash script to "wrap" the original spam
message (base64 encoded) in a spam report that shows hits from a variety
of scanning tools.

- Bob

Greetings
Michelle