Re: how to kill files in mime-mails (maildir)

2004-03-10 12:24:20
Michelle Konzack wrote:
Just to be clear: You only want to delete (quarantine/defang) the attachment IF it is actually infected with a virus (as detected by f-prot), right?

Jes, Oops, - Yes ;-)

OK, so a simple attachment stripper/filter won't work. You need a 'real' scan and detect configuration...

> [...] I like to let ther Message in Original but replace
the infected Part with a Message and continue to deliver the Message.

I suppose you could use something like mime-construct to re-assemble the parts, or just strip/replace the original message between the two sections. I'll defer to someone with more mime-expertise than myself for the details there, as I know there are many variations.

- Bob