Re: Assist with filtering by external files

2004-03-17 03:53:51
On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 11:59:13PM -0500, Daniel wrote:

* ? grep -i ^"${MYSUBJECT}"$  $LIST/subject.txt

I suggest you use fgrep specifically to avoid
regexes from the Subject string.  I see no point in
your ^ and $ around the grep string; it would be
a tautology, it seems to me.  Perhaps you envision
the start-to-finish of the line in the $LIST/subject.txt
file, in which case you should use the -x flag to
grep.

Finally, turn on verbose logging and see what exactly
is matching.

    * ? fgrep -six -e "$MYSUBJECT" $LIST/subject.txt

--
dman