adding a character $N times to a given string

2004-03-20 04:19:03
Hi,

what I currently want to do is to add the content of $CHAR (a
constant character) $N times (where $N is a positive integer number
like 5) to an existing string (lets say $STRING).

I do have a solution in mind, which would involve something acting as
a loop and re-calling itself $N times, but that seems a bit too
complex if there are existing simpler solutions. Ideas?

best,
rob.