Re: Replacing characters in $MATCH, and folders with periods

2004-04-09 14:19:28
Timur Tabi wrote:

Ok, I have this, but it doesn't seem to work. The message just disappears - it doesn't appear in my inbox or any folder. :0
* ^TO_ \/(_dot_)*(_at_)subdomain\(_dot_)domain\(_dot_)com
.`echo "$MATCH" | tr . :`/
:0E
.$MATCH/

Ok, I made some progress. The problem is the "| tr . :".  If I remove that, the
recipe doesn't fail, although obviously it doesn't translate the dots in my folder name.
It must be the pipe that's causing the problem.  Anyone have any ideas why?