Procmail and lockfile

2004-04-12 23:07:54

Hi,

I use procmail with vm-pop3d, and I have discovered problem with this pop3
software:

I a user log into the pop3 and read and delete some message, if in this
time, new mail arrived,
It go lost. The problem is: the vm-pop3d while open a mailbox create a
lockfile named user.lock in to
The directory of vm-pop3d user (/var/spool/virtual/domain-name.com/user.lock
but the procmail
Do not read this lockfile, but look in other directory...

Somebody have a idea what are I do for tell to procmail for look in to the
'right' place?

Note: the directory structure of vm-pop3d is

/var/spool/virtual/domain1/user1 #for first virtual domain
/var/spool/virtual/domain2/user1 #for second virtual domain
/var/spool/virtual/domain3/user1 #for third virtual domain

Procmail would look for lockfile in the /var/spool/virtual/domain1 if
arrived mail for  user1(_at_)domain1 and /var/spool/virtual/domain2 if arrived
mail for user1(_at_)domain2

All the best!

Giorgio Biondi

Tech2 Srl