Re: wit's end: .procmail woes

2004-04-14 08:15:40
agh. didn't copy/paste the whole thing...
at the end of machine 1's .procmailrc the lines should read:

:0
!gabe(_at_)gabelaw(_dot_)org

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004, Gabe Law wrote:

so I'm trying to run procmail on two machines, and individually they run
okay, but when running in conjunction they fail completely. it's driving
me insane!  I've looked at var/log/maillog on machine 2 and everything
still looks like it runs fine, but the messages just never appear
anywhere...

someone please help!

machine 1: (Solaris 9)
This machine receives all my email.  I want to save email with subject
marked as GABEFILTERED in one directory, email marked as BMISPAM in
another directory, and the rest forwarded to my filtering machine. Note I
do not have root access to this machine.
LOGFILE=$HOME/procmaillog
SUBJ_=`formail -xSubject: \
       | expand | sed -e 's/^[ ]*//g' -e 's/[ ]*$//g'`

:0
* ^Subject: BMISPAM.*
mail/spambmi

:0
* ^Subject: GABEFILTERED.*
mail/gabe

machine 2: (Redhat 8)
This machine has Brightmail Anti-Spam running on it.  It tags the
subject for all spam as BMISPAM.  I want to tag all non spam as
GABEFILTERED, and forward all mail back to machine 1.

LOGFILE=$HOME/procmaillog
#Get the subject discarding any leading and trailing blanks
#Note: On some systems -xSubject: has to be -x"Subject: "
SUBJ_=`formail -xSubject: \
       | expand | sed -e 's/^[ ]*//g' -e 's/[ ]*$//g'`

:0
{
  :0 fwh
  | formail -i"Subject: GABEFILTERED ${SUBJ_}"
  :0
  !glaw(_at_)eecs(_dot_)tufts(_dot_)edu

{
  :0 fwh
  | formail -I"Subject: ${SUBJ_}"
  :0
  !glaw(_at_)eecs(_dot_)tufts(_dot_)edu

Bush, when asked by ABC's Diane Sawyer why he said Iraq had weapons of mass
destruction when intelligence pointed more to the possibility Hussein would
obtain such weapons, dismissed the question: "So, what's the difference?"
-Washington Post 1/19/04