RE: Maling list

2004-04-16 17:36:12
Indead it is an announcement only, so I am the only mailer. A smart reader
can see the keyword in the subject and use it. But I think my ip is unique.
Therefor, I wanted to use my IP.

Is it possible?

I'm a real newbe on procmail, and this is probably the only thing I will
need from it.

Thanks again

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: procmail-bounces(_at_)lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE
[mailto:procmail-bounces(_at_)lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE]On Behalf Of
Andrew
Edelstein
Sent: zaterdag 17 april 2004 0:16
To: procmail(_at_)lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE
Subject: Re: Maling list

Professional Software Engineering wrote:

Reconsider.  Any of your users could become infected with a virus, and
by merit of their computer sending the messages, you'll accept their
spew.  Further, if any users are on a dynamic IP, they won't be able to

I read his message as indicating he wanted an announcements-only type
list, where only he would be sending to his users, and thus only his own
IP address would be relevant.

Limiting submissions by submitting IP address may be marginally better
than requiring submissions come from subscribed addresses (which are
easily forged, though more typically by viruses), but it seems to me
that simply requiring a keyword line at the top of messages would be
easier to implement.

This is what I was going to suggest.

--
Andrew Edelstein        -       http://blogs.pure-chaos.com/andrew/