$VARIABLE Condition

2004-04-17 21:52:21
Please excuse my ignorance, but I haven't been able to find an answer to this simple question in the man pages or online.

I would like a recipe to perform the action:
---
| cyrdeliver $LOGNAME -m $MAILBOX
---
if "$MAILBOX" is defined, and:
---
| cyrdeliver $LOGNAME
---
if not.

So I'm looking for a condition to check if "$MAILBOX" is defined or not; the contents of the message are irrelevant. I'm thinking something like:
---
* $MAILBOX
---
but if I understand, this will do "egrep $MAILBOX" on the message, which isn't what I want.

Pointers to pertinent documentation much appreciated!

Jack