Re: formail -l problem

2004-04-19 09:19:03
On Mon, 19 Apr 2004, David W. Tamkin wrote:

Udi asked,

I'm trying to summarize a folder by formail -l and I get strange
behavior.

formail -l doesn't summarize a folder; it outputs the same sort of
information about a message that woud be its log abstract in a procmail
logfile.

  formail -l "some string here" < file_containing_a_message

or

  process_that_outputs_message | formail -l "some string here"

gives you 'From ' and Subject: on the first two lines and then

   Folder: some string here                                      size

on the third line.

        How need feature like this?  Do you have an example for usage?

If you have an mbox as input,

  formail -l "some string here" -s < mbox

also works, but there isn't much point to using the same string for each
message.

        At least the -s  do summerize, when you grep out the "Folder" linse.

,Udi