Re: Running ?

2004-05-04 19:59:53
At 11:00 2004-05-05 +1000, Marvin Pierce wrote:
My HD crashed and burned a few days ago and I've restored most things
from rsync (the restoration from hell).

You might spend some time and rethink your backup strategy. As annoying as it is to have to recover from a crash, it shouldn't be described as "hell".

Everything is working but the mail is acting funny.

You should isolate which PART of "the mail" is acting "funny", and probably get a fix on what defines "funny".

I'm using fetchmail, exim4, procmail, spamassassin with lots of spam
getting through that previously did not.

Spam changes form. There's probably a lot of spam that has new characteristics you're not looking for.

Wondering if procmail is now working as I have lots of recipes that use to trap things.

Take individual messages that SHOULD have been filtered and pipe them at your recipes running from within a sandbox.

How can I tell if procmail is working properly?

Set VERBOSE=ON and LOGFILE=somefile then examine the logs after some messages have come through. If it's your sys (seems to be if it's your HD that crashed and you're dealing with it), you presumably have access to the system logs and should examine them to see if there are errors there.