Re: Seemingly simple rule won't work

2004-05-06 01:57:46
On 6 May 2004 Hans du Plooy (hansdp(_at_)newingtoncs(_dot_)co(_dot_)za) wrote:

:0hb:

Here are some suggestions:

* Don't explicitly use the hb flags because they are part of the default flags.

* Don't use a lock file when delivering to a directory.

* Don't assume anything about the amount of spaces/tabs/whitespace between the header name and header value.

* Be careful about using '<' or '>' in a regular expression because these sometimes have a special meaning.

* Rather than specifying the full path to a mailbox, I recommend that you use a relative path. This will make your code more portable and easier to change.

I discuss these and a lot more in my Procmail Quick Start, which is here:

 <http://www.ii.com/internet/robots/procmail/qs/>

Nancy
Infinite Ink
www.ii.com