YAVR, YAVR reloaded and YAVR revolutions...

2004-05-07 05:35:14
YAVR

YAVR begun as a bet between worms and a Windows user.. (not proud to be one
:p). To say the truth I never expected to get that big.
I've been studying and collecting viruses since 1995 for hobby mostly. With
YAVR I found a way to use some of that knowledge in something I believe
useful.

YAVR reloaded

YAVR now (5/5/2004) has 159 recorded users at freshmeat (
http://freshmeat.net/projects/yavr/ ) and about 30 more in a personal list.
Some of those use it at system wide level, as they are admins of multi-user
servers.
This script is no magic wand.. Its just another measure, another small wall
against e-worms and viruses.

YAVR revolutions

The script was always GNU licensed meaning that anyone could use it or parts
of it for own scripts. Now I believe it is time to let it go.. After 20 May
I'll join the army for about nine months therefore I won't be able to
support it.
So I leave it to you to decide. Either it will continue or it will stop if
there is no interest.

This forum is for YAVR development. It is moderated by two friends that wish
to help because they use YAVR, alej and gri.

In the development section of the forum you will find the tool I use to
extract signatures for YAVR and some kind of guide.

So.. IF you are interested in development.. the forum is here:
http://rtsserver2.aua.gr/~nikant/yavr/phpBB2/index.php

" I don't know how this is going to end, but I know how it is going to
begin... "
(The Matrix)

Regards and a big thanks to all you people that write in this procmail
list for all the knowledge sharing.
Nikos

signature text:
  Nikos K. Kantarakias