Re: Delivered-To: and/or X-Envelope-To:

2004-05-13 00:20:46
--On Thursday, 13 May2004 11:49 +0545 Binaya <binaya(_at_)mail(_dot_)com(_dot_)np> wrote:
ok, If i say like this then ..

         How I can add Delivered-To: and/or X-Envelope-To: header
to every message?

Please read this section of my Procmail Quick Start:

<http://www.ii.com/internet/robots/procmail/qs/#virtualDomain>

Especially this quote by Philip Guenther:

   "You can't do virtual domains in pure procmail, as you need the
   MTA to provide you with the original envelope recipient
   address. Once you have that, sort the messages on that directly
   (do *not* use ^TO_)."

As Philip says and as other people have said in this thread, "you need the *MTA* to provide the original envelope recipient address." If you don't have access to your MTA, I recommend that you 1) ask your mail-hosting provider to set up their MTA to do this or 2) get a new mail-hosting provider that is already doing this. There are plenty of providers doing this nowadays and it's something that I discuss on my IMAP Service Providers page, which is here:

<http://www.ii.com/internet/messaging/imap/isps/>

At the moment, this feature is #16 in " What to Look For in an IMAP Service Provider," which is here:

<http://www.ii.com/internet/messaging/imap/isps/#look4more>

Good luck finding a good mail provider (or tweaking your MTA if you have access to it),
Nancy
Infinite Ink
www.ii.com