Re: capturing the OR that succeeds ???

2004-05-15 05:17:45
Toen wij Dallman Ross kietelden, kwam er dit uit:
Ruud H.G. van Tol:

think we can improve the efficiency further by moving
the MATCH reparse up high:

       MATCH # unset

       :0 B D fw h
       * eee|bbb|ccc|ddd|\/aaa
       * 9876543210^0 MATCH ?? .
       * 9876543210^0 ()\/aaa
       * 9876543210^0 ()\/bbb
       * 9876543210^0 ()\/ccc
       * 9876543210^0 ()\/ddd
       *          1^0
       | formail -I "X-Procmail: alphabet soup: ${MATCH-eee}"

Yes, that seems to work.  Okay, that's what I was close to
last night, but couldn't see that the re-test was needed if
the first match was not there.

I had done a 'eee|...|\/aaa' version too, but discarded it for
some reason...

A sorted equivalent:

        MATCH # unset

        :0 B D fw h