Re: Isolating the hyphen - AAAARRRRRRRGHH!

2004-05-16 12:44:21
On Sun, 16 May 2004, Dallman Ross wrote:

So off-hand, I'd say something is eluding you, but not what
you think it to be.  :-)

It turns out that E1BMqkE-0001OQ-8M(_at_)mail(_dot_)python(_dot_)org is the
Message-ID form
used by whoever sends out the Python digest - the ONLY dang digest I get -
and it, of course, contains all those other Message-IDs that were showing
up when I did 'grep -i "^message-id:" gotcha'.

Only took about three hours to figure *THAT* out. :(

Learned two things:

1. The hyphen definitely does not need to be escaped.
2. "gotcha" is a really appropriate file name! :)

                                - fleet -