Re: clam and procmail

2004-06-05 20:59:29
* Hans du Plooy <hansdp(_at_)newingtoncs(_dot_)co(_dot_)za> :
Hi all,

I'm using the procmail recipe below (from the archives) to call clamscan.
For
some reason it's not very accurate.  Netsky slips by easily, most viri,
actually.  The only stuff that seems to get caught are Worm.Gibe.F and
Exploit.IFrame.Gen

Now I've heard very good things about clamscan for mail scanning (with
products like mailscanner and amavis) so I expect that maybe my recipe has a
fault?   Any ideas?

Thank you

I have only just installed ClamAV last week or 2.  I also found
clamassassin, which is a wrapper for clamscan called from procmail.
So far it has caught every virus that my other (tedious and leaky)
filters attempted to catch.  And the recipes are very simple.

## clamassassin ###################################
# filter mail through clamassassin, which tags mail
# found at http://drivel.com/clamassassin/
:0fw
| /usr/local/bin/clamassassin

# pick up on clamassassin's tags, and put in test mailbox
:0:
virus.clam

# would also like to be mailed about failures ...
:0:

I am still testing, but am happy with the preliminary results.

--
T R O Y  P I G G I N S
e : troy(_at_)piggo(_dot_)com