Re: tuning for procmail

2004-06-16 10:08:59
On Tue, 15 Jun 2004, Dave Stern - Former Rocket Scientist wrote:

[...]
We're theorizing that the host was running out of processes and couldn't
fork spamc hanging these procmail processes. We therefore presume that
1/ If we pay attention to the order of rules we'll be better and

        My very little advice.  I noticed that my procmailrc look into
        the "Subject:" field in too much recipients so, I set variable
        to hold the contain of the Subjet at the head of the the file.

        Remember that spam are not so big like "regular attachment message"
        check the size of the message in the begining of spam recipes.

2/ If we increase number of processes (I think nproc in /etc/system(?))
this problem wont bother us again.

        Maybe you want to change the maxusers instead of nproc because
        maxusers causes changes in more parameters and keeps the right
        balance.

        (Little things but..)

Bye,
 Udi