Re: tuning for procmail

2004-06-17 05:36:50
On Wed, 16 Jun 2004, Cyrille Lefevre wrote:

"Dave Stern - Former Rocket Scientist" <dave(_at_)umiacs(_dot_)umd(_dot_)edu>
wrote:
[snip]
We're theorizing that the host was running out of processes and couldn't
fork spamc hanging these procmail processes. We therefore presume that
1/ If we pay attention to the order of rules we'll be better and
2/ If we increase number of processes (I think nproc in /etc/system(?))
this problem wont bother us again.

        [...]

:0 fw: ${SA_LOCK}
* ! ^X-Spam-Status:
* ! ^X-Spam-Level:
* < 256000
| ${SA_FILTER}

        Talking about performance, don't you want:

:0 fw: ${SA_LOCK}
* < 256000
* ! ^X-Spam-Status:
* ! ^X-Spam-Level:
| ${SA_FILTER}

        It's a question. Dose procmail go-count the char's when ever
        we ask for? or it saves the size of the message somewhere (maybe
        get it from sendmail?)

Bye,
 Udi