Re: procmail 9.99

2004-06-27 12:47:34
At 18:58 2004-06-27 +0300, Udi Mottelo did say:

>>> <<< >> $SIZEMESS
>>> SIZEMESS <<<< ^100^
|action

To those thinking that procmail should undergo a major rewrite, I've got to ask:

Why not just use a mail parsing module for Perl. You'd get PCRE (seeing as PCRE is very different than grep) AND the ability to manipulate multiple matched constructs. No procmail recipe breakage, since it isn't compatible with procmail -- the same of which can be said for any attempt to overhaul the procmail recipe syntax.

If you run off and produce a wholly new mail filtering tool you can abandon the various limitations procmail has. Perhaps you'll then be able to parse MIME attachments into separate blocks, providing access to the unencoded original streams.