Re: *simple* spam recipe is failing with procmail (possible problem with egrep?)

2004-07-12 06:17:00
On 11 Jul 2004 Ryan Sharon (junk(_at_)digicode(_dot_)com) wrote:

VERBOSE=yes                 <--Also tried explicitly assigning SHELL and EGREP

When piping a message, you *do* want to set SHELL to /bin/sh so I recommend that you put that in.

What happens when you use a simple recipe such as the one in step 7 on my Procmail Quick Start:

:0:
* ^Subject:.*test
IN-testing

I'm wondering if there is a general problem that is not specific to spamassassin but instead is something about your procmail set up? I recommend that you follow these steps

 <http://www.ii.com/internet/robots/procmail/qs/#steps>

and make sure that simple recipes work before delving into more advanced recipes like piping a message through SA.

Let us know what you discover,
Good luck,
Nancy
Infinite Ink