Re: procmail: no space left

2004-07-18 08:22:18
On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 13:38:40 -0700, Professional Software Engineering wrote
At 15:15 2004-07-15 -0500, rgball wrote:

procmail: No space left to finish writing "rgb"
procmail: Truncated file to former size

BTW, the above local delivery failuer SHOULD result in a bounce to
the sender, unless your ISP is using procmail in a hokey fashion.

I'd like to think they're OK on that but recent experience makes me wonder...

Other than the obvious (really running out of room) what might cause this?

It's the obvious one - running out of disk space.

I'll see if I can get them to move my area to a server that has more available
space.

In the long term I think I need to move to a service that treats email as a
priority rather than as an adjunct to the web sites they host.

Thanks for the extra info about the space-eating probles of big mailboxes. I
know the stuff I filter into the spam box can make it grow to almost 500MB in
no time (and that doesn't even count the stuff I drop into /dev/null)

Rich