procmail: no space left

2004-07-15 13:27:10
At my hosting service they use procmail to sort mail into all the various
files associated with the email aliases. I've been having lost mail problems
and have been looking at the procmail log to see if I can discover anything.
One problem I see on a very irregular basis is:

procmail: No space left to finish writing "rgb"
procmail: Truncated file to former size

(not always to the file rgb, it could be other files associated with aliases
as well)

Other than the obvious (really running out of room) what might cause this?
These errors are interleaved with successful deliveries so I can't tell what
exact email they are referring to and I don't have enough control over the
system to log this to death. The service claims that it can't really be a
space problem but I don't know enough about the inner workings of procmail to
know if that is true.

Rich