Re: /etc/procmailrc recipe to mark zip attachments

2004-07-28 19:22:38
On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 17:54:24 -0600, Justin Gombos
<mindfuq(_at_)zianet(_dot_)com> wrote:
Looks good to me, but if it fails, my first suspicion would be the
conditional "* B ?? name=.*\.zip", because an attached file is not
necessarily going be following well formed MIME standards.

I would expect malicious payloads to have filenames like:

"click_here.zip                 .exe"

and I don't believe they necessarily need to have the "name=" string
either.

the post in question had exactly this:

------=_NextPart_000_0001_FF3A66FA.F77494A2

looking at the raw source of the message.  It SHOULD have matched, right?

I suppose I will have to extract that email from the mbox and start
throwing it at /etc/procmailrc manually...

--
gkreme at gmail or kreme at kreme or syth at mac
 :: Don't get saucy with me, Bernaise ::