correction Re: change X-priority in header

2004-08-09 07:46:22
I made a typo in my advice to Bill McCormick:

  :0Efhw
  * ^Subject:.*log
  * B ?? authentication failures|invalid users
  | formail -i "X-Priority: 1 (Highest)"
  :0A
  .billinux.Logs/new

That was OK, but since he seems fond of nesting levels, I added,

At the least, reduce it to this:

  :0Efhw
  * B ?? authentication failures|invalid users
  {
   :0fhw
   | formail -i "X-Priority: 1 (Highest)"

   :0A
   .billinux.Logs/new
  }

An `A' flag is superfluous when the preceding recipe is unconditional; this is what I meant:

   :0Efhw
   * B ?? authentication failures|invalid users
   {
    :0fhw
    | formail -i "X-Priority: 1 (Highest)"

    :0
    .billinux.Logs/new
   }

Still not sure what type of folder .billinux.Logs/new is or whether it should have a local lockfile. Just about nobody -- perhaps absolutely nobody -- uses classic procmail directories.