Re: Filtering BCC

2004-08-17 17:01:25
You're not supposed to see a BCC header, if you see it, that email
is spam.

I'm not sure about that; I've heard of mail servers that do not take
care to strip out the BCC'd recipients.  It's probably not RFC
compliant, but then many legit messages are not.  Assuming that my
heresay is true, then legit mail can show the BCC header.

However, I would also argue that it is certainly not the norm for mail
servers to fail to enforce a "blind" bcc header, so procmail scripts
that act on the BCC header would not be very useful (unless Pedro's
organization is using such a silly mail server).