Re: error writing to

2004-09-08 08:55:45
On Wed, 2004-09-08 at 16:50, Dallman Ross wrote:
On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 03:38:57PM +0200, Travel Jadoo wrote:
I have been trying to work out why I do get this error:
Error while writing to "/var/spool/mail/_TSC.LWwPBB.terminator.odysse"

where could possibly the _TSC.LWwPBB come from? terminator.odyssey is
the localhost as you guess

Am I goofing up? btw I use Fedora core 2.

That is a typical thing that happens sometimes with NFS (networked
fileshares) where a process did not shut down cleanly leaving a
temp file in place.  Check your process tables.  Could also be
a permissions problem so that the temp file can't close out
because the target is unwriteable.

dman (has no idea what Fedora" is)

I don't use NFS so I guess it's a permission issue.

Procmail uses the same user permissions as the home user (in this case
admin) so what's wrong with this?

[root(_at_)terminator root]# ls -l /var/spool/mail/admin
-rw-rw----  1 admin mail 0 Sep  8 17:36 /var/spool/mail/admin

Thanks,
Alfred