Re: Removing line-wrapped header

2004-09-10 08:01:21
On Fri, Sep 10, 2004 at 03:37:05PM +0200, Ruud H.G. van Tol wrote:
Toen wij Dallman Ross kietelden, kwam er dit uit:

 I was of the belief that just
    my_HEADERS = `formail -x ""`
wouldn't tangle us in a race condition with whatever follows.

Nice. But the x should be an X, right?

Yes; thanks.  (That would explain why I was having trouble with
my test harness earlier.) :-)  And I can't take credit for it;
it's in the formail man page:

       To extract the header from a message:
              formail -X ""
       or
              sed -e '/^$/ q'

       To extract the body from a message:
              formail -I ""
       or
              sed -e '1,/^$/ d'

The final $ isn't even needed, however, unless I'm misremembering from
yesterday's experiments.

Well, I think that 'my_HEAD' either should end with an NL, or it
should be added in the echo-call.

I'm saying I think procmail puts one there.  Maybe I'm mistaken -- still
no more time for testing right now.  But when I did "echo "$TOP$BOTTOM"
yesterday I did not need to match the line-end at the end of $TOP.

Yes, but we must leave something for the other gods.

Indeed.  :)

Later,
Dallman (and thanks for the gmane tips)