Re: BOGUS and lockfile wierdness when under load

2004-09-30 14:05:03
At 21:53 +0100 9/30/04, Martin McCarthy wrote:
 > Prior to using the autoconf test, as I mentioned, it was being
 hardwired to use just fcntl() and we were seeing the same messages.
 Apparently that doesn't work either.

Ah sorry - you did say that.
Then your best bet may be to disable both lockf() and fcntl() so that it
falls back to only using dotlocking.

Well, after I sent my message, we ran across some info saying that afs support flock() so I think I will try to compile it with that and see if that works. If not I will try your suggestion.

-David-

--
David R. Steiner
david(_dot_)r(_dot_)steiner(_at_)dartmouth(_dot_)edu