Re: [OT] How to respond to Word attachments

2004-11-03 13:21:35
On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 01:45:10PM -0600, Gerald V. Livingston II wrote:
On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 19:52:51 +0100 Dallman Ross <dman(_at_)nomotek(_dot_)com>
wrote:

On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 11:32:42AM -0700, Justin Gombos wrote:

  [anti_word.msg]

Hmm, why don't you just pipe the thing through the antiword
program?
dman

Note that near the bottom of his message he DOES say he will attempt to
open and work with the attachment and will contact the sender personally if
he is unable to do so.

The auto-response is simply a (justified) rant stating "I don't want .doc
format, .doc format is evil in general, if you are sending mail to my
personal addresses you should already know better".

Yes, I cerrtainly got that, Gerald.  I also read what his various
attempts would be.  IIRC, the first was to try OpenSource Office;
then to download to a machine with Word and try that.  I was suggesting
trying what is naturally a nix-based solution, and more, a text-based
one, before trying at least the second of those, and maybe the first.

--
dman