Saving automated outbound mail

2004-11-03 13:46:00
* Dallman Ross <dman(_at_)nomotek(_dot_)com> [2004-11-03 15:11]:
On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 11:32:42AM -0700, Justin Gombos wrote:

  [anti_word.msg]

Hmm, why don't you just pipe the thing through the antiword
program?

7:51pm [~/Mail] 327[0]> which antiword
/usr/local/bin/antiword

If I were getting word docs on a regular basis, I probably would.. but
it's not part of RH9, so at this point I don't want to bother with the
download and install.

My script does have one defect that I'd like to resolve.  I have not
discovered a way to capture the automated outbound message after
sendmail finishes composing the headers.  The script uses "tee" to
store a copy of the outbound message locally, but this does not
include the From_ field, so my MUA rejects it and won't open the
mbox.  This means I have to open the box of sent auto responses using
a seperate text tool.

Does anyone have a simple solution for this?  It would be ideal if I
could retain an actual copy of what sendmail transmits, with
message-id and all.