Re: Need regex-help: inverted word search

2004-11-05 13:08:41
On 2004.11.05 19:39, Professional Software Engineering wrote:
At 19:10 2004-11-05 +0100, Andreas Schmidt did say:
        To: someone(_at_)server, myname(_at_)server, somebodyelse(_at_)server

Now I look for a way to do an inverse word search, like this:
        * To: (not myname)@server

I can look for specific strings:
(1)     * To:(_dot_)*myname(_at_)server

* ^To:(_dot_)*(_at_)server
* ! ^To:(_dot_)*myname(_at_)server

That doesn't work.

I get the general impression that you're trying to determine if multiple recipients at your domain are addressed. Search the
Right, it's a number of accounts at the same domain, which makes it a problem. A mail for
        To: someone(_at_)server, myname(_at_)server, somebodyelse(_at_)server
would match your first rule:
        * ^To:(_dot_)*(_at_)server
But because To always contains myname(_at_)server,
        * ! ^To:(_dot_)*myname(_at_)server
will never match.

procmail archives - I know I've submitted a recipe to score for multiple recipients at a given domain (as well as variations on a recipient name).

I'll try if I can find it....

Best regards,

Andreas