Re: Who is the procmail maintainer?

2004-11-11 09:45:41
On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 01:41:10PM -0800, Sam wrote:

It's been several weeks and I heard nothing from Philip; I even sent
him a direct email.

Anyone have any other ideas on how to decide this?
To refresh, will procmail be picked up by the community or not?

I'm afraid if I just sit back nothing will happen.
Unless, of course, the choice is to not decide.

Ironically, Network Solutions shows the procmail.org domain
*record* expiring this week.  Beats me if record == domain.

Okay, I made a couple of phone calls and left a couple of messages,
one for Phillip and one for Stephen.  And I followed up with
an email to Stephen that his office-mate says he'll have
him look for.

I would appreciate it if you hold that thought until Stephen
has a chance to get back to me.  One way or another, I'll
either communicate what he said assuming he answers or
send the list my ideas on a course of action -- within a
day or two.

Meanwhile, there actually is a procmail-dev list for development.
It has not had any messages to it other than spam in about
a year or more.  But I would suggest your interim step would
be to join that list and send out a general call for action
there.  I know that some of the more active, longer-term
members here at least used to be subscribed to that list.

Dallman