Re: (special) autoreply problem

2004-11-19 01:02:06
On Thu, 18 Nov 2004, Thoralf Will wrote:

TW> Hi all,
TW>
TW> I'm new to procmail and didn't find any solution for this problem yet:
TW>
TW> Every mail received in a special Mailbox should get an autoreply after
TW> a defined delay (e.g. 30 minutes) but not more than 1 reply within
TW> 24h to the same address.
TW> The received mail itself is not of importance and can (or better should)
TW> get deleted after getting parsed.
TW>
TW> Currently I'm using a combination of cron and reply-o-matic (rom) but
TW> that's not the best solution and causing some problems because rom has
TW> a few bugs.
TW>
TW> Any idea how to do it?

I put my auto-replies in the sendmail queue and the queue is sent every
half hour by sendmail.  Not quite what you want but maybe good enough?

To prevent multiple auto-replies to the same address, the autoresponder
adds addresses to a list and doesn't respond to addresses in the list. I
run a cron job to wipe out this list at an interval of choice.

--
Alan

( Please do not email me AS WELL as replying to the list.  Please
  address personal email to alan+1@ as lists@ is not read. A
  password autoresponder may be invoked if this email is very old. )